Star Trek: Deep Space Nine’s Alexander Siddig will play legendary Batman villain Ra’s Al Ghul in season 3 of Gotham.
More from Redshirts Always Die
- If there’s a 4th Star Trek Kelvin film it should feature Q
- Star Trek: Deep Space Nine’s Rosalind Chao was almost a different TNG character
- Take your own virtual Star Trek tour of the original U.S.S. Enterprise set
- Jeri Ryan didn’t want to be an intergalactic Barbie
- Kate Mulgrew confirms return for Star Trek: Prodigy second season, and also Prodigy is getting a second season
Alexander Siddig has been a part of some huge franchises. Siddig was of course Dr. Julian Bashir on Star Trek: Deep Space Nine and more recently portrayed Doran Martell on Game of Thrones. Now it looks like Siddig is preparing to join the Batman universe as famed villain Ra’s Al Ghul on Gotham.
Gotham is a prequel to Batman about the city and its famous inhabitants before there was a caped crusader. So while Bruce Wayne is in the series there is no dark knight just yet.
This means the story of Bruce Wayne and Ra’s Al Ghul won’t be the same one we’ve seen in the movies or on television before. Up till now we only saw the end of Al Ghul and Bruce Wayne’s relationship, now we will get to see the beginning.
This means Alexander Siddig’s Ra’s Al Ghul won’t always be the villain, as he trains and helps the young Bruce Wayne become Batman. It’s going to be a great part for Siddig.
Check out Alexander Siddig talking about this role as Ra’s Al Ghul.
I’ll be honest, I haven’t watched a ton of Gotham up to this point. I’ve watched an episode or two, but it hasn’t been a show I’ve made a point to see. Siddig as Al Ghul though will change that. I’m certainly going to set my DVR to record Gotham this season.
What do you think of Alexander Siddig as Ra’s Al Ghul? Let us know on Facebook or in the comments below.