Shout! Factory has taken the wraps off the details for the Blu-ray and DVD releases for the Deep Space Nine documentary What We Left Behind.
Earlier this month Star Trek fans flooded local cinemas across the country for a one-night screening of What We Left Behind, the crowdfunded documentary about the beloved series Deep Space Nine. By all accounts, the screening were a huge success, with the film garnering glowing reviews and spiking interest in the show.
However, there are many a Trek fan who were unable to make it to a screening and have been waiting for details about the home release of the documentary. Well, at long last Shout! Factory, the company handling the release, has finally taken the wraps off the Blu-ray and when fans can get a copy.
The Blu-ray and DVD will both be arriving in stores on August 6 in the United States and Canada. It will also be available through all the usual online retailers as well as Shout! Factory’s store. It will include What We Left Behind and well as these special features:
More from Redshirts Always Die
- Has Star Trek Technology gotten out of control?
- The Borg Queen was spoiled early on Star Trek: Picard
- Is J. Lee hinting at a renewal of The Orville?
- Relive a little Star Trek fun with FoxTrot’s Christmas Cookie comic
- Watch: All I Want for Christmas by the cast of Star Trek: The Next Generation
- An Intro from Ira and the Gang
- A Brief History of Deep Space Nine
- What We Left Out (deleted scenes with over 45 minutes of new stories)
- Behind the Scenes at the Variety Photoshoot
- HD Remaster Discussion (a roundtable chat with the filmmakers)
- More From the Fans
- Theatrical Trailer
In addition, there will be a special edition direct from Shout! Factory that will be limited to 1,500 copies. It includes everything on the standard edition as well as:
- A Musical Reunion (an extended conversation with composers Dennis McCarthy and Kevin Kiner.)
- Roundtable Look at the Making of the Documentary (a 50-Minute discussion with Co-Director and Deep Space Nine Showrunner Ira Steven Behr, Co-Director David Zappone, Producer Kai de Mello-Folsom, Producer/Editor Joseph Kornbrodt, and Producer/Editor Luke Snailham.)
Now, if you were one of the backers from the Indiegogo campaign, you will be getting a special version of What We Left Behind directly from the team that made the documentary. It is scheduled to arrive sometime in July and includes everything on the other two editions as well as:
- Indiegogo Campaign Videos & Video Vault
- Technical Trivia Track (A special subtitle text track with detailed technical info and listing of our HD Hero sponsors.)
It seems that there is a version of What We Left Behind to meet almost any need. It is available for pre-order now at the Shout! Factory store as well as Amazon and the usual online retailers.