With so much Star Trek this year, when will they debut?
Star Trek is set to have a big 2022. This year alone, five shows will air, one of which may see two seasons’ worth of shows revealed. It’s an exciting time to be a Star Trek fan, but with so many shows coming out it can be hard to keep track of when every show is set to start airing new episodes.
Don’t worry, we have your hookup. Whether you’re watching Prodigy, or waiting on Discovery, maybe you’re anxious for Strange New World’s debut or just can’t wait to get more Lower Decks, we have the key dates for the rest of the Star Trek streaming calendar.
So when is each show coming back or premiering?
- Prodigy returned on Jan. 6, ending on Feb. 3
- Discovery’s 4th season returns on Feb. 10
- Picard’s 2nd season debuts on March 3.
- Strange New Worlds debuts on May 5.
- Lower Decks 3rd season debuts later in the year, after Strange New Worlds (no date)
- Prodigy’s second-half of season one will be in “later” in 2022.
- Prodigy’s second season may still air at the end of 2022.
That’s not all the Star Trek goodness this year
We’ll post a more formal schedule post, highlighting other things that may be happening this year but if you’re not aware Star Trek also has a new video game coming out this year, as well as the Playmate toy line being relaunched, a host of new comics and it’s very likely that we find out our first bit of news regarding the new films.
So it’s not just the streaming shows that we’re getting this year, but also a whole host of other great pieces of Trek merchandise. It may not be the golden era of the 90s, and fans may need to accept that era is never coming back but the Trek franchise is as healthy as it’s been in a while.